Re: Which ARM SBC would work well with NetBSD?

> > o can I create a NetBSD bootable micro SD card, or does one have to
> > use Debian or Android on these A-20 Olimex SBCs?
>
> NetBSD runs fine on A20. You can look at
> http://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/allwinner/
> for details on creating a bootable SD card

Another thumbs up from me: I'm using an old Olimex a20-onlinuxino-micro
and, at least 1+ year ago, it booted netbsd just fine.

> > o can I hook up a serial concole via a standard RS232 cable?
>
> No, most SBC use a serial port with TTL levels (usually 0 and +3.3V), not
> RS232 levels. You need a USB-UART adapter like FTDI-based one, or this one:
> https://www.olimex.com/Products/Breadboarding/BB-CH340T/open-source-hardware

I'm using
https://www.olimex.com/Products/Components/Cables/USB-Serial-Cable/USB-SERIAL-F/

which directly connects between the boad's pins and a laptop.

I also have serial links between my ARM boards at the 3.3V level, using
three simple jump wires from, say,
https://www.olimex.com/Products/Breadboarding/JUMPER-WIRES/JW-200x10-FF/

(Their images just feature male ends; make sure you order the
correct FF/MM/FM/ ends.)

This is dirt cheap and extremly helpful, ion particular with
the very early boot stages.

					Martin Neitzel