Re: Which ARM SBC would work well with NetBSD?

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 08:53:47AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2023 at 09:34:05AM +0900, Henry wrote:
> > Because of the battery options which would allow me to do without a UPS,
>
> Hi. Curious about this usage pattern. For devices that are deployed for
> some purpose, to work without frequent manual intervention, the question
> is when would you charge the battery?
>
> Either you can keep the charger connected - which may possibly swell the
> battery soon, unless the device has some way to auto-stop charging at some
> upper threshold and auto-restart the charging only when the battery
> reaches a lower threshold.

The olimex boards have an embeeded LIPO charger, it is part of
the AXP209 PMU used on the board. You can even monitor the battery status
from NetBSD:
/home/bouyer>envstat
                          Current  CritMax  WarnMax  WarnMin  CritMin  Unit
[axp20x0]
              AC input:      TRUE
      AC input voltage:     4.940                                         V
      AC input current:     0.363                                         A
            VBUS input:     FALSE
    VBUS input voltage:       N/A
    VBUS input current:       N/A
               battery:      TRUE
       battery voltage:     4.157                                         V
       battery current:     0.000                                         A
    APS output voltage:     4.855                                         V
  internal temperature:    32.200