Re: Low power server ideas

I don’t usually post here but felt this might be relevant.

I use thin clients for most of my servers now. Currently using OpenBSD on them but NetBSD should work just fine.

 I have a mix of HP and Wyse units including the HP T5740 (5470? Sorry. Tired.) and the Wyse Dx0D and others.

Only advice I’d give is swap out the SSD module for an actual drive using something like these: Cable Matters 2-Pack 22-Pin Power and Data SATA Extension Cable - 20 Inches https://a.co/d/6GwYe0Q

I also have a SATA to mini pci adapter and run a mini pci SSD in one of them. I don’t think a SATA->M2 adapter would work due to physical space requirements though.

I run all my DNS, firewall, etc. on those units as well as a Foundry VTT server. So far they’re good units and don’t eat a lot of power.

--
Mike

"Right then!  This won't be big on dignity!" - The Doctor