Re: Release

> I don't know if we have a formal norm that people asking for help should
> accept mail form those trying to help them, but it's my norm...

> Mail to you in reply to list mail bounced, and a note to you that told
> you about the problem bounced too.  I have a dim memory of something
> like this happening before.  Please fix your mailserver so that you
> accept mail from other people on the list.  Or, if there's something
> terrible about my mail, please let me know.

> The error I got was:

>   <mueller6726%twc.com@localhost>: host pkvw-mx.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net[47.43.26.7] said:
>       550 5.1.1 <mueller6726%twc.com@localhost> recipient rejected (in reply to RCPT TO
>       command)

> Thanks,
> Greg

I see the mistake, mueller6726 should have been mueller6725 .

Moral of the story is that email to the list should not be CC'ed to the list subscriber.

Sending CC to the list subscriber is not normal list practice; it is an idiosyncrasy of FreeBSD and NetBSD lists (not sure about OpenBSD and DragonFlyBSD).

I don't send CC to any list member who is clearly a regular on the list; that would just be redundant.

Tom