Re: Release

from Martin Husemann:

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 07:48:18PM +0000, Todd Gruhn wrote:
> > When is the next official NetBSD release?

> The branch for 10 will need to happen "soon", but there is no fixed date
> yet. Details at:

>         https://wiki.NetBSD.org/releng/netbsd-10/

> (which is only outdated by ~2 weeks now - will update the page later this week)

> Martin

I have two concerns on updating my NetBSD installations for amd64 and i386.

One is the entropy issue, which makes it very difficult to use pkgsrc; some key packages can't build.

Other is the hard drive crash "Error reading fsbn ..", and then all I can do is Reset or Ctrl-Alt-Esc to get into debugger and then "reboot", which is not a clean reboot.

I thought this latter bug was supposed to be fixed in releng-9.

Have these two issues been fixed or ameliorated since my last update?

uname -a shows

NetBSD amelia2 9.99.82 NetBSD 9.99.82 (NetBSD-HEAD amd64.nb999-20210601) #0: Tue Jun  1 21:21:00 GMT 2021  root@amelia2:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/SANDY7 amd64

Tom