Re: Building LibreOffice

On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 at 03:28, Bob Bernstein <poobah%ruptured-duck.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Nov 2021, Todd Gruhn wrote:
>
> > After I compile and install many libs needed by LibreOffice,
> > I get the message:
> >
> >   Harfbuzz needs to be built with Graphite support
> >
> > What do I do about this?
>
> Have you tried the build of libreoffce yet? According to this:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HarfBuzz graphite support may
> already be "in" harfbuzz.
>
> HOWEVER, looking at Makefile.common I notice PLIST with a
> variety of different options, as in:
>
> MESON_ARGS+=            -Dgraphite=enabled
> PLIST.graphite2=        yes
>
> What does, in the above, 'PLIST.graphite2' mean?
>
> Also, as in my inquiry not so long ago, where is the
> documentation for PLIST? Probably somewhere in make's docs,
> would be my first guess. Got ta keep looking!

It means there is a variable PLIST element - PLIST.graphite2 - the
files marked with it in the PLIST file will be considered part of the
package when this variable is true:

# grep PLIST.graphite2 PLIST
${PLIST.graphite2}include/harfbuzz/hb-graphite2.h

Actually

$ grep \{PLIST\. PLIST  | awk -F\} '{print $1}' | sed 's/${//'  | sort | uniq
PLIST.coretext
PLIST.doc
PLIST.graphite2
PLIST.introspection

will give you the list of all PLIST variables for this particular
package. Two of those are defined in the options.mk (make
show-options), the other two - in Makefile.common, conditional to
where the package is being built - one depends on whether librsvg is
rust-built, the other - whether it is being compiled on an ancient
version of MacOS.

--
----