Re: Synaptics button - movement issues

On Thu, 25 Nov 2021 at 13:56, Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a laptop with a Synaptics touchpad which has "integrated"
> buttons, that is the lower part of the touchpad has buttons, but it also
> makes part of the scroll surface.
> I have issues that when clicking on the buttons, the touch movement
> remains active and makes the cursor jump around. This makes it very had
> to click on something and impossible to click-drag on a menu or
> context-menu!
>
> Can this be "fixed" with some sysctl setting?

I also have a Synaptics touchpad which used to have plenty of similar
problems before, so that when I would boot NetBSD on it I would always
attach a mouse. Recently in -current there were two sets of changes,
in driver level and in X, which made it rather usable for me; one
still has to be careful, but it is much better than before.

One has to use -current, though.

--
----