Re: Retstricting versions/builds with pkgtools

On 2021-09-18 04:13, Todd Gruhn wrote:
PYTHON_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED=27

That would be a min-version, right? What of Python v3.9 is already installed?
I just dont like the thought of having 3 versions of Python installed
if I only need
one of those versions. OF COURSE, if Python v 2.7 got installed first, there
is not much that can be done...

Unfortunately it isn't that simple, since Python 3.9 isn't a superset of Python 2.7. Python 3 was a rather major change in the language and not all Python 2 code will work in Python 3. So if you have code marked as needing Python 2, there is a fair chance that Python 3 won't cut it at all.

So with Python, it's definitely not a min-version. Python 2 and Python 3 will exist side by side for a long time, until all Python 2 code is dead.

  Johnny