Re: Install on Pi3

James Cloos <cloos%jhcloos.com@localhost> writes:

>  https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/
>
> i tried using:
>
>  https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/latest/evbarm-aarch64/binary/gzimg/arm64.img.gz
>
> but all i get is a red-yellow-blue-cyan colour mesh
> on the monitor.
>
> Does that colour mesh imply a failed boot?

I hope somebody who knows more will help you, but yes, I believe that
implies it didn't work.

Presumably you did gunzip and then dd.   Also presumably a RPI2.1, 3, or
4, as earlier ones do not have aarch64.

You might try with no card, to see if you get the same syndrome.

> (w/out net and secsh it is impossible for me to see what is wrong...)

I would try hooking up a serial console if you have the cable.

> (I guessed that HEAD holds current.  Is that accurate?)

Yes.  Current is the logical name, and HEAD is the CVS branch
pseudoname.

> I should note that i do not have any other bsd running, and thus no
> access to the ufs fs.

You should be able to look at the uSD contents and see a partition table
and I would expect a dos fs with boot stuff.