Re: View an install.img file

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

Now I run aground:
$ sudo mount -t msdos /dev/vnd0a /mnt
mount: no match for `vnd0a': No such process

I am of course guessing at 'msdos' AND vnd0a! The Guide provides examples
for iso images but I don't see any for "install.img".

the install image isn't msdos but ffs. So just
$ sudo mount /dev/vnd0a /mnt

should work

Alas, no joy.

$ sudo mount /dev/vnd0a /mnt
mount: no match for `vnd0a': No such process

Let's check:
$ sudo vnconfig -l
vnd0: / (/dev/wd0a) inode 30638808
vnd1: not in use
vnd2: not in use
vnd3: not in use

Another guess:
$ sudo mount /dev/vnd0 /mnt
mount_ffs: /dev/vnd0 on /mnt: incorrect super block

Puzzling.

--
"...that there is no getting away from the central position of the individual I believe anyone can see for himself merely by observing that the individual does not regard the following to be a senseless question: "Under what conditions would you draw the conclusion that everyone in the world except yourself had gone crazy?"

Percy Bridgman _The Nature of Physical Theory_
                            (1936)