Re: state of EFI support live/install images

On Mon, Sep 06, 2021 at 08:22:46PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I am doing everything with current/amd64.

and in my case on a Dell inspiron

> questions:
>
> 1) I'll try configuring legacy boot, but I am wondering if there is a
> way to build a live image.

I haven't tried the live image, but just writing boot.iso to a USB key
and booting with that worked. (NetBSD bonus vs Ubuntu, was that Ubuntu
would only install EFI if the key was booted EFI. If the key was booted
"BIOS" then it wouldn't install EFI. NetBSD doesn't care :-) )

> 2) It seems obvious that one has to disable secure boot in the bios to
> boot netbsd.  Correct?  Anyhing else I should know?

That was it - disable secure boot.

> 3) any other hints?

Pleasantly surprised how easy it was to add a boot menu entry in the
Dell BIOS to say boot _that_ efi file for this entry. (so I happen
to have EFI/Boot/nbsd_bootx64.efi, and left otherOS as bootx64.efi)

Cheers,

Patrick