Re: VLC strangeness

On Wed, 21 Jul 2021, Todd Gruhn wrote:

Actually, all James Bond movies do this.

Ironically, none of the animated features (Shrek, Cars, Croods, Ice
Age, etc)  do this.

For some reason, that, is hilarious... :D

I noticed that I have some shared-objects with names such as
.../dri/*_dri_nouveau.so
missing where do these come from? How do I get them?

You mean .../dri/nouveau_dri.so? Both base X11 and MesaLib should
bring that in.

Does anyone else have problems with *certain* viddeos  freezing --
especially non-animated videos ?

Animated movies have lower frame/bit rates than action ones. Other than
that I don't know. Try playing a recent Michael Bay movie--even more
action (bayhem, I believe, it is called) than a Bond flick. See if the
player struggles. If it does, then your player is a video critic. Or,
it might just be scratches on the DVD.

I recommend you use `mpv' instead of vlc.

-RVP