Re: backspace in wscons console sends ^H to processes

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 11:29:09AM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:

> With
> 	stty erase '^?'
> you tell it to 'backspace' when receiving 0x7f.
>
> This is what you see when running 'cat'.

This seems to have changed some time. I have noticed after updating recently that I have to
do the stty erase ^? otherwise I get del characters in vi, this didn't happen prior to the
update.  My usual update method is to build into a separate install dir, tar the results
over / and then run postinstall so maybe I have missed something.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",