Re: Custom CD mixes

> Am 09.07.2021 um 21:45 schrieb Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2%gmail.com@localhost>:
>
> If I wanna pull the music off CDs and make a custom album, is there a package
> that would allow me to choose the songs, and play order?

Rhythmbox is a good software for organizing your music collection and creating playlists.

If you want to burn an audio CD, the way I used to do it is:

1. Convert to wav (not sure that rhythmbox can do it)
2. Write a cue file and burn the CD with cdrdao. The cue file format is easy enough to do by hand, and it allows you to control gaps and such.

There are CD writing GUIs in pkgsrc if you prefer that.

--
Benny