Re: NetBSD hdaudio @ HDMI

On Mon, 5 Jul 2021, Matthias Petermann wrote:

Jul 4 23:23:02 localhost /netbsd: [ 1.0088516] hdafg0: DP00 8ch: Digital Out [Jack]

[...]

I already have a self-built kernel with options HDAUDIO_ENABLE_HDMI in use[1]. However - this option is only documented in HDAUDIO(4) in current. I myself use NetBSD 9.2_STABLE here. Should this also work with it, or is this already my misunderstanding?

"DP00" means it reports itself as a display port connection and you need options HDAUDIO_ENABLE_DISPLAYPORT to attach an audio device to it.

Take care,
Jared