Re: reboot hangs at "uhid2 at uhidev9 report id 7 ..."

Very sorry, that should have been "uhidev0" (not "9").  "uhidev0"
identifies itself as:
uhidev0 at uhub1 port 8 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: eGalax Inc. (0xeef) eGalaxTouch EXC3000-0367-44.01.00
(0xc04d), rev 2.01/67.02, addr 3, iclass 3/1
uhidev0; 7 report ids
I guess that is the touchpad.

However, the problem, I think, is elsewhere.  After letting the
computer sit for two days with the power off, I powered it on, and the
system came up normally, and with a login prompt.  I could login as
"root" as expected.

It seems that rebooting (/sbin/shutdown -r) caused the problem
described in my original post.  When I do that, the system tries to
reboot, but hangs at the "uhid2 at uhidev0" line.

Additionally, "/sbin/shutdown -p" is not working.  The machine starts
to shut down, but I get the following:
acpibat0: workqueue busy: updates stopped
acpitz0: workqueue busy: updates stopped
core1temp0: workqueue busy: updates stopped
core2temp: workqueue busy: updates stopped
The system hangs on that last line, and the computer never shuts down.

Do you think I should start a new thread on the port-amd64 list?

Thanks much,

Henry