Re: reboot hangs at "uhid2 at uhidev9 report id 7 ..."

    Date:        Wed, 5 May 2021 18:55:38 +0200
    From:        Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost>

  | On Wed 05 May 2021 at 15:18:03 +0900, Henry wrote:
  | > The system kept booting into single user mode, but searching around I
  | > finally figured out that I needed to edit /etc/rc.conf.  I thought I
  | > had successfully changed to rc_configured=YES.
  |
  | The installer is also supposed to do that for you, so there must have
  | been something weird there.

Which might also explain the current problem.  If the final stages of the
system setup weren't done correctly, /dev might not have been setup either.
In that case, no-one is going to be able to open /dev/console to output
any further (from userlevel) messages.  That last message you're seeing is
often one of the last from the kernel before you start getting messages from
running /etc/rc.

That is, it is entirely possible  that the system is up and running, but
there is simply no way to communicate with it (if rc.conf wasn't set up,
the network probably isn't enabled either).

Boot in single user mode, check what is in /dev - if what's there doesn't
look correct (ordinary file for /dev/null or missing, no /dev/console or
not a char device, ...) then delete everything (except MAKEDEV if that is
in /dev on your version) and "cd /dev; sh MAKEDEV std" (or sh /etc/MAKEDEV
or wherever it is to be found).

If what is in /dev looks to be correct, check /etc/ttys next, but incorrect
config there is less likely to explain things.

kre