Re: httpd, cgi, ikiwiki, and me.

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021, Bob Bernstein wrote:

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021, Bob Bernstein wrote:

THE FIX was adding this arg to httpd_flags: '-c /var/www/cgi-bin'
[snip]
I found that '-c' in bozohttpd's man page.

When asked why I prefer NetBSD to all the rest, my answer has always been, "Because they are always civil and kind to a moron like me."

The present question, about httpd and cgi-bin, is a perfect example; no one went out of their way to say that, "Obviously Bob, while floundering around trying to get cgi-bin to work, you installed bozohttpd, and took advantage of one of its differences from httpd."

And forgive me of course for chewing up yet more bandwidth that isn't free of charge to NetBSD (or, in fact anyone else making noise out here in cyberspace.)

--
"...that there is no getting away from the central position of the individual I believe anyone can see for himself merely by observing that the individual does not regard the following to be a senseless question: "Under what conditions would you draw the conclusion that everyone in the world except yourself had gone crazy?"

Bridgman _The Nature of Physical Theory_ (1936)