Re: NetBSD 9.1 amd64 base X11: hypersensitive touchpad

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 06:21:29AM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> You can boot a kernel with '-x' option to enable debug messages.
> A failed synaptics detection then should print:
>
> pms0: synaptics_probe: Not synaptics
>
> A successful synaptics detection prints (also without debug) e.g.:
>
> pms0: Synaptics touchpad version 7.2
>
> But if further initialization goes wrong you also get
>
> pms0: synaptics_probe: Failed to query capabilities.

With -x:

$ grep ^pms dmesg.boot
pms0 at pckbc2 (aux slot)
pms0: synaptics_probe: Not synaptics.
pms0: reset 0 0xaa 0x00

It's not synaptics, but in an older log that I shared Linux did treat it
as so. So not sure it's kind-of-compatible-but-not-fully or so. And is
there any way to try this hypothesis out?

--
Mayuresh