Re: Strange ssh hangups, netbsd-9 GENERIC

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 7:55 AM Louis Guillaume <louis%zabrico.com@localhost> wrote:

> > Are you sure that this is not a server-side bug? What server software
> > is it?
>
> OpenSSH_8.0 NetBSD_Secure_Shell-20190418-hpn13v14-lpk, OpenSSL 1.1.1g

OpenSSH 8.0 is a bit old. It was released about 3 years ago.

OpenSSH 8.5 was released last week, and it clears a CVE.

You might consider updating to OpenSSH 8.5.

For completeness, I run a home-build of OpenSSH on a lot of hardware,
like Solaris, OS X and Red Hat (Red Hat supplies antique software and
then charges for the update). I've never had a problem using the
latest OpenSSH.

Jeff