Re: Strange ssh hangups, netbsd-9 GENERIC

On Thu, 11 Mar 2021, Louis Guillaume wrote:

I have a netbsd-9 machine that is exhibiting some weird behavior with ssh:
When a bunch of data are sent to the terminal at once the session quits unexpectedly. I can't run a "dmesg" or even read a man page without it hanging up.

Are you sure that this is not a server-side bug? What server software
is it?

It seems the only significant debug statement I see is "debug3: fd 1 is
not  O_NONBLOCK".

That's a std message.

Can you run this command and then check if out.bin is exactly 1MB, and also
post ssh.log.txt?

ssh -vvv user%ser.ver@localhost 'dd if=/dev/zero bs=1m count=1 2>/dev/null' >out.bin 2>ssh.log.txt

-RVP