Re: zvol performance expecations? zvol swap?

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 13:15:39 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Suppose I create a 16G zvol on a pool that is a disklabel partition on
> an SSD.   I would expect read/write performance that is near the
> native SSD read/write speed.

Why would you expect that? In other words, you're expecting that a
complex file system like ZFS would have near zero overheads, which is
not possible. When you take into considerations things like checksums,
compression, encryption, etc, then the overheads could be quite
significant.