Re: Network very very slow... was iSCSI and jumbo frames

mpumford%mudcovered.org.uk@localhost (Mike Pumford) writes:

>Another possibility is to tune the estd parameters a bit. As far as I
>can tell estd looks at TOTAL CPU consumption to decide when to ramp up.

Yes, it has no idea of multiple CPUs or cores. Depending on workload
it might not increase CPU clock, even when the user would benefit.

I use it with '-a -g 100000' but that's not aggressive enough
for the iSCSI tests where tests were 10-30% slower than with
a fixed maximum CPU clock.

It's unlikely that you could slow down something by a factor of 10-100
using estd. The CPU clock range is usually not that variable.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost