Re: ispell-british (for 9.0/amd64) has broken hash files

kre mentioned giving up on ispell, but I found it "hard" to use anything
but ispell with emacs, so as I've upgraded systems and ended up tripping
over this breakage, I've eventually persevered to make it work again.

I don't remember why aspell didn't work for me (I have hacks in my
.emacs.el to try to use it), but I do remember it was much easier to fix
ispell than to make aspell work.

At Wed, 03 Feb 2021 08:33:11 -0500, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: ispell-british (for 9.0/amd64) has broken hash files

> If you follow upstream's build instructions, not using pkgsrc, does it
> work?

I guess so?  That's more or less how I've changed the package to make it
work -- I.e. just use the supplied makefile.

> It sounds like you should be sending your fixes to ispell upstream, but
> maybe there is a pkgsrc bug, vs, a lack of pkgsrc workaround for an
> upstream bug.

Here's the PR with my fixes:  pkg/55972

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>