Re: ispell-british (for 9.0/amd64) has broken hash files

On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 10:15:07PM -0800, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> I've been trying to use the ispell-british dictionaries but I've been
> having problems (note that the default "english" dictionary works A-OK).
>
> I see similar reports for other dictionaries for various linux packages,
> but I don't see any related to NetBSD or pkgsrc.
>
> I have a rather radical set of changes to the way the ispell
> dictionaries are built and installed, and when I use my updated
> makefiles then the resulting dictionary works A-OK
>
> I'm wondering if anyone can reproduce this with the standard packages,
> and if so then perhaps my fixes would make for a good send-pr.
>
> $ DICTIONARY=british ispell quotes
> Illegal format hash table /usr/pkg/lib/british.hash - expected magic2 0x9602, got 0x0

Huh. Yep:

slave:ksh$ ispell -d british blah.txt
Illegal format hash table /usr/pkg/lib/british.hash - expected magic2 0x9602, got 0x0

slave:ksh$ file /usr/pkg/lib/*.hash
/usr/pkg/lib/american.hash:     symbolic link to americanmed+.hash
/usr/pkg/lib/americanmed+.hash: little endian ispell 3.1 hash file, 7-bit, capitalization, 52 flags and 512 string characters
/usr/pkg/lib/british.hash:      little endian ispell 3.1 hash file, 7-bit, capitalization, 52 flags and 512 string characters
/usr/pkg/lib/britishxlg.hash:   little endian ispell 3.1 hash file, 7-bit, capitalization, 52 flags and 512 string characters
/usr/pkg/lib/english.hash:      symbolic link to americanmed+.hash

slave:ksh$ uname -a
NetBSD slave 9.1_STABLE NetBSD 9.1_STABLE (SLAVE) #6: Sun Jan 31 11:11:16 AEDT 2021  stix@slave:/home/netbsd/netbsd-9/obj.amd64/home/netbsd/netbsd-9/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/SLAVE amd64

Built locally from pkgsrc-2020Q4.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds