Re: epoll

On 1/25/2021 10:52 AM, r0ller wrote:
Hi All, I tried to wrap in the linux syscalls an epoll implementation that seems to support NetBSD-9.1 https://github.com/jiixyj/epoll-shim but as I've never done such a thing before, it failed of course. First, I copied its source in the external/mit/epoll-shim directory and tried to include epoll.h via absolute path in linux_misc.c to support the epoll calls. This is definitely not the right way to do as when running build.sh it failed to find stdint.h (used in epoll.h) on the first try. I tried to find some docs about pulling in external sources but I haven't found anything that would describe how to do it. Can anyone give me any hint on this? Best regards, r0ller

Are you trying to integrate this into the NetBSD kernel?  The link you provided appears to be a userspace library, so to use it you would build and install it per the instructions they provide, then arrange to link whatever other program might want to use epoll against the libepoll-shim library.

It might be possible to reuse some of this code in the kernel too, but I suspect you'll find that there are a lot of changes that would need to be made due to significant differences between kernel and userland code.

Eric