Re: firefox52 core dump on RPI2 NetBSD9.1

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 01:52:02PM +0100, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> Then Mayuresh has to verify that his versions of the packages were
> not built "long" ago. Because this is an "old" version of Firefox
> that is been used, hence its dependencies---the version of its
> dependencies---have not changed since, and one or several of the
> dependencies can have been compiled before the fix to the binutils.

The chronology is this:

1. I first tried the binary packages only and faced the issue (see first
post).

2. Then I used a qemu instance on amd64 machine. As it became very slow, I
decided to build on my RPI3B+ device. While I was arranging for the disk I
kept qemu instance running. Once the device was up I first installed the
packages built on the qemu instance and started compiling further.

3. I ran into some other issues (discussed on different threads), hence
aborted the whole processes, cleaned up all packages that were from qemu
instance and retained only those built afresh on RPI3B+ device. Since I
identified packages from the qemu instance by timestamp, a small
probability is I  may have erred in removing all of them - though even
that instance was of daily build of 10 Nov of 9.1 (the one hyperlinked
from the qemu instructions page, its link is in my first post.)

So I don't think there is anything too old lurking on my system, 24Nov is
the oldest I am having.

Is there any other clue, such as running nm to look for some symbol etc.
that can help me spot a faulty library?

In the meantime, as the error showed libfribidi, I am just rebuilding it.

--
Mayuresh