Re: Tunneling in NetBSD

"Francisco Valladolid H." <ficovh%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I need setup a NetBSD for tunneling (VPN) to my clients, notebooks (windows
> or MacBook) maybe cellphone (android).
> I’m thinking using L2TP(maybe more standard)  or OpenVPN.
>
> Maybe, ikev2 can be a good choice. Is NetBSD ready for ikev2 (aka
> racoon2) ?

I used to use IPsec in transport mode with racoon (IKEv1).  I do not
have the impression the IKEv2 world is easy to deal with these days.

My suggestion is openvpn.   I have set that up for android and mac
clients to use to access the internet from a different address than
the one they have, and also avoiding all the crazy firewalls you run
into, and it works fine.

You do need to set up certificates, and openvpn wants its own, not to
use letsencrypt, so if you don't already understand that, it's going to
be somewhat tricky.  But I did not run into any issues that seem related
to NetBSD, so the upstream help should suffice.

On android, there is OpenVPN in f-droid, and tunnelblick seems to be the
way on macOS.