Re: Tunneling in NetBSD

I had a basic setup, a ARM board. ¿Is OpenVPN suitable for this?

Thank you.

On Mon 16 Nov 2020 at 6:29 Brad Spencer <brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost> wrote:
"Francisco Valladolid H." <ficovh%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> [1:text/plain Hide]
>
> Hi friends.
>
> I need setup a NetBSD for tunneling (VPN) to my clients, notebooks (windows
> or MacBook) maybe cellphone (android).
> I’m thinking using L2TP(maybe more standard)  or OpenVPN.
>
> Maybe, ikev2 can be a good choice. Is NetBSD ready for ikev2 (aka racoon2)
> ?
>
> Some suggestions for me.
>
> Thank you for reading.

Hello...

I do ikev1 (normal IPsec) and OpenVPN.  Around the NetBSD 7.x time
frame, racoon stopped working with MacOS and Shrewsoft VPN on
MS-WINDOWs.  I never tried ikev2, but did look into it a while back.  I
was very much unconvinced that it would operate.  More recently, I have
moved pretty much completely to OpenVPN.  It is not hard to set up and
operates pretty much as expected with MS-WINDOWs, Android and NetBSD
itself.  Very recently on -current, I have used wg(4) as a client, but
have not tried it in server mode.  I hear that L2TP may function, I did
toy with PPTP for a while...

Honestly, your best bet is probably OpenVPN.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org