Re: Filesystem checks with noauto

Hi,

> > I have a Gluster volume on NetBSD box. It has long
> > description in fstab
> >
> > /usr/pkg/sbin/mount_glusterfs#gfs01:/gva      /gva    puffs
> > noauto,direct-io-mode=false,rw,backup-volfile-servers=gfs02:gfs03:gfs04:gfs05:gfs06
> > 1 2
> > I assume noauto should disable filesystem checks,

> Well noauto simply means don't automatically mount during boot.

From fstab(5):

  The sixth field, (fs_passno), is used by the fsck(8) program to determine
  the order in which file system checks are done at reboot time.

  If the sixth field is not present or zero, a value of zero is returned
  and fsck(8) will assume that the file system does not need to be checked.

So, I suggest changing the "2" to "0" above, or just deleting it.

Regards,

Julian