Re: ntpdate(8) and unbound(8) dependencies during boot

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 01:16:57PM +0100, Sad Clouds wrote:
> I'm not an expert on NTP, but what sort of information do you think it
> could leak that could compromise your system security? There are ways
> for hackers to abuse NTP protocol, but that is where you should be using
> NTS extensions.

No, this is not about NTP, but leaking the information that an RTC-less
device booted and did the magic handshake to get time correct (by sending
standard queries to cloudflare).

I actually do run a local ntpd inside the protected network, which is
why I'm happy with hard coded or dhcp provided (local) IPs.

Martin