Re: ntpdate(8) and unbound(8) dependencies during boot

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 07:03:53PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Which sounds like "the right approach is not yet widely agreed on so
> NetBSD being leading edge in paranoia is not necessarily helpful".

Nothing of this is special to NetBSD, besides the question how we can
work around the issue in our way to configure startup.

Nothing of this happens by default, in any version of NetBSD - nor should
we deliver a default config that does.

But: we should provide an easy solution if a user manually configures
things to be affected by this generic issue.

From my PoV after following this thread we are pretty close - the hardcoded
IPs work fine in some environments, the dhcpcd based solution is ideal in
some others. We only need to find a good place to document it all (and maybe
add other options later when they show up).

Martin