Re: "xv" video with intel graphics?

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020, John D. Baker wrote:

> Playing a video file with 'mplayer' or 'mpv' defaults to "xv" video output
> but this just displays a black window.

Actually, I mis-remembered this.  Looking more closely, 'mpv' defaults
to "gpu", resulting in:

  $ mpv xfrm_blast.mpeg
  [ffmpeg/demuxer] mpeg: Packet corrupt (stream = 1, dts = 1444422).
   (+) Video --vid=1 (mpeg1video 352x240 29.970fps)
   (+) Audio --aid=1 (mp2 2ch 44100Hz)
  [ao/netbsd] Opening device /dev/audio
  AO: [netbsd] 48000Hz stereo 2ch s32
  VO: [gpu] 352x240 => 352x262 yuv420p
  Memory fault (core dumped)

A window is opened but nothing is ever drawn in it (shows snapshot of
screen contents below the window).  No audio is ever output.  I'll need
to install the "xdebug" set to get a full backtrace of the crash.

Forcing "--vo=xv" opens a window but nothing is ever drawn in it (shows
snapshot of screen contents below the window) but audio is played.  This
also elicits nag messages about "xv" being a legacy video output mode
with poor performance.  It doesn't segfault.

'mplayer' defaults to "xv" but  displays a black window.

I should have noted before that this is on an up-to-date netbsd-9 (_STABLE)
amd64.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD