Re: A single-board computer for NetBSD

Mike Pumford wrote:

On 26/08/2020 13:12, Greg Troxel wrote:

My recommendation to the broader question of "router box to run NetBSD"
is the PC Engines apu2. This is a fanless system with a 4-core
amd64-compatible processor:

I'll second this recomendation. I'm also using one as my gateway
firewall. Currently running NetBSD 8.2-STABLE as an npf firewall.

I've successfully rewritten the BIOS on mine using flashrom on linux and
the brief test I did of the NetBSD version of flashrom suggests it ought
to work. It does correctly identify the BIOS flash chip successfully.

Here's a third recommendation for the APU2 systems. They are very nice (although I am annoyed by the bios resetting my (real) serial terminal every time it hands over to the operating system, making the terminal go through it's boot-up reset cycle, but that's coreboot).

I'm also pretty sure that I updated the rom using flashrom(8) on NetBSD.

Staffan