Re: Stable kernel 9.0 compilation fail

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 12:31:08PM +0200, Pierre Dupond wrote:
> Could you Please indicate me what instructions are useful in this file
> to compile
> correctly the kernel (I was successful when compiling the tools)?

I would suggest to let the "base system part" completely empty:

--8<--
# The following lines apply to the base system.
WARNS= 4

CPUFLAGS+=-march=native
-->8--

The WARNS=4 is what breaks your kernel compile. In general we use the
max warning level that we found works on all architectures and used
compiler versions (different warning levels in different directories),
forcing anything else without being ready to fix fallout is not
usefull.

The -march=native might be ok, but it does not buy much and also can
cause occasional breakage.

Martin