Re: Man page names

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 05:19:46PM -0400, Todd Gruhn wrote:
> I have noticed that there are many man pages with the name/form
> *.conf.5

> Can anyone see future problems  caused by linking
> a.b.c --> a_b_c  ?

Yes. It is an additional hurdle for the user if they want to look
for the manual page for the file acme.conf. Nowadays I can "man
acme.conf" and read it; after your proposal I'd need to "apropos"
and filter its results always (which can be a long list nowadays).

And you'd have to edit all manual pages that reference them, and
repeat that process each time you import a new version of an external
program.

	-is