using (3rd party) Bluetooth on Raspberry Pi

Hi!

I am trying to use some bluetooth devices on a Raspi 2 (Model B Rev 1.1) with a USB thumbnail BT adaptor. I have downloaded the correct firmware and followed the corresponding section in the NetBSD Guide. With these instructions, it works immediately on an amd64 machine, but on the Raspi, the last step

$ btdevctl -d ubt0 -a f0:foo:bar -s HID -A

fails with

btdevctl: /dev/bthub: Device not configured

All the preceding steps (e.g. "btconfig ubt0 inquiry") work as expected. I am using "NetBSD armv7 9.0 NetBSD 9.0 (GENERIC)", and a bthub is found:

ubt0 at uhub1 port 2
ubt0: Atheros Communications (0xcf3) product 3005 (0x3005), rev 1.10/0.01, addr 4
bthub0 at ubt0 local-bdaddr 5c:something:something

What am I missing here??

Thanks,
    Joern

--