Re: pkgsrc build server

On Sat 04 Jul 2020 at 19:53:45 -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> Building in a chroot is the most useful way, and it avoids
> conflicts with the (productive) host installation.
>
> You can look at the pkg_comp package that does exactly that.

That is what I do. There are pkg_comp1 and pkg_comp (which is a 2.x
version). I started when pkg_comp1 was the only version that existed and
never saw a reason to switch to version 2.

> You can also use the pbulk system to build in a chroot. To

Pkg_comp is I think a bit easier to set up than pbulk I think. Also you
can "go into" the chroot interactively and poke around by hand, if
packages don't build (which will happen of course).

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on