Re: dk for z/lvm volumes?

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 07:08:40PM +0300, Staffan Thomén wrote:
> Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > > # ccdconfig -c ccd0 0 /dev/zvol/dsk/internal1/photos@backup
> >
> > You are mapping a snapshot, it will be r/o.
> >
> > You have to promote it first.
>
> While it's true that the snapshot is r/o, surely it shouldn't crash the system.

Surely not. I'll have a look at the ccd driver.

> And is there a reason why ccd would require r/w?

Neither the infrastructure to access such layered disk devices, nor
the drivers themselves handle read-only components. The drivers
are ccd, cgd and raidframe.

Doesn't look that difficult to implement for ccd and cgd, not so sure
about raidframe.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst