Re: dk for z/lvm volumes?

Michael van Elst wrote:
mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst) writes:

ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost (Chavdar Ivanov) writes:
# ccdconfig -c ccd0 0 /dev/zvol/dsk/pail/nbsd1
ccdconfig: ioctl (CCDIOCSET): /dev/ccd0d: Inappropriate ioctl for device

That's a bug in the zfs driver.

I've prepared a patch for -current that fixes this issue.

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/mlelstv/zvol.patch

I had occasion to try this patch (downloaded on June 19) on my Xen dom0 today, and things didn't go well;

# ccdconfig -c ccd0 0 /dev/zvol/dsk/internal1/photos@backup
ccdconfig: ioctl (CCDIOCSET): /dev/ccd0d: Read-only file system

...and a subsequent...

# ccdconfig -g

...instantly rebooted the system (no crash dump). I wasn't monitoring the console so I don't know if any error was printed by the kernel. Nothing was
recorded in syslog.

This is NetBSD 9.0_STABLE from June 19 (built at the same time as the patched z, with xen 4.11 (4.11.3nb2)

Staffan