Re: Use network printer from NetBSD

bqt%update.uu.se@localhost (Johnny Billquist) writes:

>On 2020-06-26 15:34, Michael van Elst wrote:
>> bqt%update.uu.se@localhost (Johnny Billquist) writes:
>>
>>> Any other model apparently do not have any kind of printer emulation
>>> capability. I suspect BR-Script3 is Brothers own print
>>> handling/layout/formatting/whatever protocol, and that is the only
>>> protocol supported on other models.
>>
>> BR-Script3 is something that walks, swims and quacks like Postscript.

>Interesting. Why do they then need a driver in Windows in order to be
>able to print postscript?

The printers support some cloned mix of HP PCL6, HP PJL and
Postscript Level 3 and call it BR-Script3. For the full functionality
you usually wrap things into print jobs that define defaults and
prevent the printer from getting confused, if multiple computers
try to print. And of course you should get the branded GUI.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost