Re: Use network printer from NetBSD

On giu 26 10:38, JingYuan Chen wrote:
> How about using pdf2ps and netcat ?
>
> pdf2ps urpdf.pdf - | netcat -w 1 printer_IP printer_port

Thanks for this suggestion. I tried, but when using 515 as printer_port
nothing happens. When instead using 9100, in the printer display
`Receiving data' appears, but again nothing more happens.

The same if I use just a plain text string, terminated with `\004' as
suggested by Bob.

printf 'somestring\x04' | nc -w 1 printer_IP printer_port

Rocky