Re: Use network printer from NetBSD

On giu 25 19:45, Robert Nestor wrote:
> On my old Brother HL-1270N I found I had to append a “\004” to the end of any file sent to the printer to get it to print.

Ok! How did you figure it out? In my case, I tried to append a `\004'
(ASCII EOT) to my test plain-text file, but nothing happened.

> The printer has different internal “queues”

How did you manage to know this and how did you obtain their names,
like POSTSCRIPT_P1 and (in your printcap file) TEXT_P1?

> lp|patches:\
>          :sh:lp=:mx#0:rm=patches:rp=TEXT_P1:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
>          :sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:

I tried to use this same file, but I am still not able to determine
the queues of my printer, neither if it requires a special end
character.
Printer is in my case Brother MFC L2750DN. I could not find anything
useful in the user's manual: print queues are not mentioned and
PostScript is only considered about an improvement quality Windows
driver. Manual is:

<https://download.brother.com/welcome/doc100802/cv_mfcl2750dw_uke_oug_a.pdf>

Thank you for sharing your printcap file and for all your advices.

Rocky