Re: Valgrind on netbsd x86 and amd64

On 2020-06-25 16:01, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> how is the status of Valgrind? om amd64?
> I have a program which fails on NetBSD, but works on Linux and FreeBSD.
> I was asked to run it on Valgrind.
>
> I noticed, thet it is not available in packages. Some references show it
> is an ongoing project, it is dead? or perhaps avaiable only on 32bit intel?

   I remember seeing someone writing a blog post about how they stopped
their porting attempts to NetBSD because they said that Valgrind is
simply too Linux-specific, and even if a reasonably functional port
would be made, maintaining it would be too much work.

   Granted, this was many years ago -- things might be different now.

   As an alternative, what's the status of ASan and its cousin
sanitizers on NetBSD?

--
Kind Regards,
Jan