Feladó: Martin Husemann < martin%duskware.de@localhost (Link -> mailto:martin%duskware.de@localhost) >
Dátum: 2020 június 21 07:53:58
Tárgy: Re: netbsd 9 upgrade experience
Címzett: Greg Troxel < gdt%lexort.com@localhost (Link -> mailto:gdt%lexort.com@localhost) >

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 08:13:42PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> This is the easy one. postinstall expects sources. You can use the -s
> option. I unpack etc.tgz and xetc.tgz to /usr/netbsd-etc and pass that.
> Amazingly, this is even in the manual, but it doesn't really say that
> you need a plan for -s.

Back in the days when sysinst started running postinstall after updates
there were no cases when postinstall needed manual intervention. We need
to deal with this in sysinst somehow(tm).
The black xdm fields will go away once postinstall fixed "x11" properly
(it is caused by missing resource entries in the xdm config files).

Martin