Re: cvs better than git?

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 16:52:16 +0000, Sad Clouds wrote:
> Because let's face it, breaking up codebase into gazillions of smaller
> repos is daft and not very user friendly.

Neither is throwing unrelated things into a single repo. It's not
easy to decide where to draw the line - what you do actually
version and release separately gives a hint.

> Git local repos seem cool up to a certain size,

Our big one is 15G storage and 130.000 files, and that
works mostly (we clone new workspaces from caches, not
directly from the primary to take load off that).

But I take objection at the 'seems'. You're arguing
that some - few - projects are too big for git, and
hence everybody should stay away from is. Even though
MS implemented VFS exactly to be able *use* git.

- Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>