Re: resize_root result in fsck and not resizing ffs

Hello Michael, Hello Greg,

a big thanks to both of you.

* Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost> [2020-06-17 00:22]:
> tm%NetBSD.org@localhost (Thomas Merkel) writes:
>
> >4.
> >  Boot shows "Resizing /"
> >  df -h does not show any difference
> >  reboot again
>
> Sounds like after resizing you boot into multiuser and run df -h.
>
> Resizing the rootfs is a hack and the system should reboot immediately
> afterwards. The rc script checks $resize_root_postcmd which should
> be set like:
>
> resize_root_postcmd="/sbin/reboot -n"
>
> Continuing with the normal boot will mount the root filesystem read/write
> and may damage the filesystem.

You're totally right, I'm not sure why I haven't seen that by my self.
If I use the postcmd to reboot directly after the resize works
perfect.

Again thanks a lot and best regards,
Thomas