Re: UEFI serial bootloader

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 02:29:00PM +0100, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

I have a server with IPMI serial console on COM2, which fails to show
serial bootloader in UEFI mode. For testing purposes I am using iPXE
stack with pxeboot_ia32 with console and serial options installed via
installboot.

Is there any clue to check why it happens or any way to debug pxeboot?

Maybe reinstalling the bootblocks with console=auto ?

https://man.bsd.lv/NetBSD-8.0/amd64/installboot#o

No, I've just tested console=auto and both bootblock and kernel works on
monitor only. Manuel's advice with "wrong" ioaddr works and I can
configure COM1 in BIOS as well.

--
Sincerely yours,
Dima Veselov