Re: UEFI serial bootloader

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 02:15:08PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

UEFI shows itself on every serial port and monitor simultaneously. If
standard pxeboot is loaded it shows up on the same devices as UEFI, and
the kernel continues on monitor only, but if pxeboot with com2 option is
used - it does not show up anywhere, but the kernel works on com2.

It would be okay if kernel could have console= boot option, but as far
as I know it does not, so there is no way I can set up both bootloader
and kernel to serial device on real hardware.

Is there any clue to check why it happens or any way to debug pxeboot?

I've seen this on some supermicro hardware; AFAIK the bios swpped the
com1 and com2 ports. The solution was to force the boot loader to
use 0x3f8 as com1 (with the ioaddr option)

Yes, it was the problem, I've loaded com1 pxeboot and it works on com2
serial. However kernel is not showing up and that means serial port is
accessible as com1 to bootloader and as com2 to kernel. So the solution is
to assign console on first serial port only.

Thank you!

--
Sincerely yours,
Dima Veselov