Re: Installing debian packages on netbsd?

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 12:13:43 +0100
Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

> I have a few debian compat packages in my tree.
>
> I created them to use with NetBSD/arm as SUSE didn't support that
> architecture. I didn't get far enough with the kernel side of Linux
> emulation for arm to do much with the packages.

Are you referring to package dependency on kernel features? I imagine
stuff like systemd requires cgroups, etc, which may be missing from
NetBSD emulation. When you install some Linux packages, they need
systemd to register startup scripts, etc.

I wonder if NetBSD compat_linux means you have to use a Linux distro
without systemd baked into its core system and package management tools.